I feel extremely frustrated over a particular issue I have noticed regarding the entire Palestine - Israel situation. Why are people failing to understand that this is a political situation regarding national liberation and not an issue of religion? Palestine does consist a higher population of Muslims, so no doubt that majority of the civilians afflicted are Muslim. However, does this make the life of a Christian Palestinian of less value? Does this make the life of a Jew Palestinian of less value? I am all for supporting, fighting for, creating awareness for my people - But why are majority failing to realise that we may be family through religious ties, but we are family before that due to carrying the same blood? As plain human beings? It does not have to be so goddamn complex! “If people are serious about condemning Israel for killing children and for being responsible for mass genocide, we need to extend to the arms of solidarity to all oppressed people regardless of religion”. If you’re going to fight a battle, fight for what is right. Not for self-interest.
It always fascinates me when I meet a woman who says she is not a feminist.
(1) On average women are paid 19% less than men
(2) In the US a man who raped a woman who was HIV positive, contracted the disease himself & went on to try and sue her
(3) 77% of anti-abortion leaders are men.. 100% of them will never be pregnant
(4) In certain cultures, babies and children have their genitals mutilated in order to become more desirable to their future husband
(5) We live in a society that teaches women how to protect themselves against rape rather than teaching people that rape is not acceptable
(6) The focus in court cases of violence/sex crime against women is always ‘what could she have done to prevent it?’
(7) Songs that glorify rape and sexual violence against women still top the charts again and again
(8) In China, female fetuses are aborted because they are seen to be useless to their family
(9) Over summer, many secondary schools told their female students they could not wear certain items of clothing because it distracted the male students
(10) Across the world girls as young as 6 are forced to marry men sometimes 10 times their age or face death at the hands of their family
(11) The media constantly commentate on women’s appearance, not achievements
(12) 85% of victims of sex trafficking are women
(13) Virginity was a concept created by men, who decided their penis’ were so important they changed the fundamental structure of a woman
Is all of that okay with you?
It shouldn’t be.
Forget what i’m going to teach my daughter. What are you going to teach your son?